mission & vision
the mission of hinds community college, a public comprehensive community college, is to offer high quality education through relevant and diverse programs and resources for persons with various interests and abilities by:
- providing academic college transfer programs that lead to an associate’s degree and fulfill the first two years of a bachelor’s degree.
- providing career/technical programs that respond to industry and community needs and lead to professional credentials, a certificate, and/or an associate in applied science degrees.
- providing continuing education programs for adults in the community that enhance cultural enrichment and promote lifelong learning.
- providing customized training or short courses, seminars, and workshops for business, government, social, and civic entities that result in organizational improvement, promote economic growth, and meet educational and service needs.
- providing dual credit, dual enrollment, and basic education courses and programs that cultivate academic success leading to high school equivalency or entry to college-level courses.
hinds community college will be the preferred choice for quality education and training in the communities we serve. we will provide quality, accessible, affordable education for all students in our district and be a premier education partner for business and industry. we will support our community through a variety of public service activities, cultural events, and recreational opportunities.