raymond – the spring 2017 group of honorees in the hinds heroes employee recognition program have been named. hinds heroes are chosen because they represent the college well, provide exceptional customer service to all its customers and consistently promote the hinds mission of service. heroes selected receive a lapel pin, a token of appreciation and one free day off work.
in alphabetical order, this semester’s honorees are:
- christie adair, of terry, an admissions manager and advisor in the student services department at the jackson campus-nursing/allied health center. her duties include giving guidance to admissions processors and advising students when registering for classes. she has been with hinds for 10 years.
- wendy barnes, of raymond, a specialist in the advancement department at the raymond campus. her duties include coordinating special events and the hinds hero program. she has been with at hinds for seven years.
- ben cloyd, of jackson, academic dean at the raymond campus and the jackson campus-nursing/allied health center. his duties include promoting and maintaining quality academic programs for students and faculty. he has been with hinds for 12 years.
- phil cockrell, of brandon, an instructor of drafting/design at the raymond campus. his duties include updating the program curriculum, creating semester schedules, advising and mentoring students, overseeing community service projects and coordinating a new fab lab starting in the fall 2017 semester. he has been with hinds for nine years.
- gerald collins, of vicksburg, an instructor in the electronics technology program at the utica campus. his duties include instructing students in all methods, theories and applications needed for them to obtain an associate of applied science degree in electronics technology. he has been with hinds for five years.
- sherry franklin, of brandon, associate vice president of career and technical education at the rankin campus. her duties include assisting in leading the college’s career and technical programs and coordinating opportunities in workforce education and economic development. she has been with hinds for 12 years.
- judith isonhood, of brandon, chair of the reading/education department at the rankin campus. her duties include classroom instruction, improving study and intermediate reading skills, interviewing and hiring adjunct instructors, scheduling classes for the department, completing bank orders and serving as an advisor for the alpha omicron omega chapter of phi theta kappa. she has been with hinds for 28 years.
- brent johnson, of terry, director of the diesel equipment technology program at the raymond campus and the diesel technology academy in richland. his duties include overseeing the daily operations of the academy and coordinating all aspects of the program with corporate partners, which involves recruiting students, advising more than 60 current students and serving on college committees as assigned. he has been with hinds for 31 years.
- doris mcclure, of utica, administrative assistant for title iii grant programs at the utica campus. her duties include assisting the program’s executive director in multiple areas, which include reporting, purchasing, bids, coordinating travel, inventory, office support, coordinating conferences and workshops, serving on college council and community committees for the campus and managing a budget for the program that totals $2.4 million. she has been with hinds for 17 years.
- sue steen, of vicksburg, an adjunct instructor in developmental programs at the vicksburg-warren campus. her duties include instruction of developmental courses that include reading, improvement of studies and essential college skills. she has been with hinds for five years.
- michael williams, of utica, a transportation coordinator at the utica campus. his duties include coordinating all trips for the district, hiring bus drivers, purchasing vehicles, and other duties associated with transportation. he has been with hinds for 33 years.
- pamela williams-bolden, of jackson, an administrative secretary at the jackson campus-academic/technical center. her duties include preparing payroll and hire packets for part-time instructors, as well as keying in course offerings and credentialing full- and part-time instructors. she has been with hinds for 20 years.
[tweetable alt=””]hinds heroes for 2017 highlight exemplary employee service[/tweetable]