“spring into health” with hinds community college students at a health fair co-sponsored by the city of jackson, wjtv, lanoticia and metrocenter mall.
hinds community college students will provide a number of health screenings and services at the health fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., friday, april 5 at the metrocenter mall.
services provided by hinds students cover the following:
- medical lab technology – cholesterol/glucose screening
- physical therapy – zumba classes and mall walk
- emergency technology program – no distraction while driving campaign: anti-texting, drinking etc.
- surgical technology – infection control, hand washing
- dental assisting – dental care
- Sonography-women’s & men’s health – Self breast exams
- respiratory care/radiology-sleep apnea; healthy lungs
- library and health information technology – understanding your medical records
- practical nursing/associate degree nursing – blood pressure screening, stroke education, diabetes education, bmi, pediatric vaccinations, diet, sexually transmitted diseases, teen pregnancy.
other vendors at the “spring into health” fair include the american heart association, mississippi diabetes association, national alliance for the mentally ill, mississippi organ recovery association, jackson heart study, jackson cardiology, act, wal-mart vision center, foundation for wellness studies, madd, mississippi blood services, american lung association, crime prevention unit, parks and recreation and the american cancer association, metro east learning center and mira.
for more information, contact event coordinator cynthia casey, hinds community college, 601.376.4867.