Advising & Registration


counselors serve as the general advisors for all students entering into the college. once you have enrolled, our counselors will provide you with the appropriate information to match college resources with your student needs.

counselors can assist in making the student’s entry into hinds a smooth one. they may assist the student in exploring a variety of courses leading to various majors. counselors can also assist students in adapting to change and in learning good decision making skills as well as make appropriate referrals to other resources which may be of use to the student.

career planning

the counseling office on the raymond campus is now offering the strong interest inventory (sii) to currently enrolled students. the sii is a self assessment instrument that is used to help you make satisfying decisions about your career and education. the sii measures interests, not skills or abilities, and the results will help guide you toward rewarding careers. counselors are available after testing to go over your results and explore career paths.

to schedule an appointment call or visit the counseling office on our raymond campus
p: 601-857-3609


am i required to meet with a counselor/advisor to schedule classes?

first-time students must be advised by a counselor or advisor in person at one of hinds’ six (6) campus locations, or they may request remote advising, which allows students to speak with a counselor without having to visit the campus. counselors and advisors are available for all students; however, returning students are not required to seek advisement each semester.

do i owe money or have a restriction from the admissions or business office that needs to be cleared?

login to my.hinds and check your account status. if there is a balance or restriction, go to the appropriate office or call 601-857-5261 or 1-800-hindscc.

what classes have i successfully completed toward my major?

first, print your unofficial transcript from my.hinds. if you have attended another college check to see if the credits have been posted to your hinds transcript. if not, contact the office of admissions and request that college transfer credits post to your record.

what classes should i register for next semester?

review your program of study and mark courses completed and in progress. students enrolled in developmental classes may wish to speak with an academic advisor.

do these classes have any prerequisites?

after selecting courses that you need to complete for graduation, you may view the course descriptions in the college catalog to see if there are any prerequisite classes.

I’m interested in Nursing & Allied Health programs. What are the admission requirements?

you may view the requirements here: Admission for Nursing & Allied Health Programs

how can i view the class schedule of what is being offered and at which location?

search for classes, dates, and times from the online course schedule.

i’m a current student. how do i register for classes?

login to my.hinds and web register for academic and/or technical classes. career students must register in person.

what online classes are offered?

you can view a full list on the msvcc site.

i’m an online student. how do i register for classes?

first-time students must be advised by a counselor or advisor in person at one of hinds’ six (6) campus locations, or they may request remote advising, which allows students to speak with a counselor without having to visit the campus. a counselor will register you for classes during advisement, or you may register yourself in my.hinds after being advised.

how do i register for an online course offered by a different community college in ms?

lookup msvcc course offerings on the msvcc schedule online tool. classes offered by other colleges are subject to approval based on criteria set forth by the elearning department. more information can be found under online classes faqs. contact your advisor for more information.

when is payment for classes due?

check your financial aid status and the account balance at my.hinds. all fees are due 10 days before classes begin (or at the time of registration if registering within 10 days of classes starting). note: if you have not paid your fees in full, entered into a payment plan with the college, or been approved for financial aid by the due date, you will be removed from your classes.

where can i get a copy of my schedule?

you may view and print your schedule at my.hinds.

i took this class in high school. why do i have to take this class in college?

you must receive college credit in the class for the course to be counted toward graduation. however, if while you were in high school you also took classes through a college, you may be able to use the college credit course toward graduation. you should send your high school transcript to hinds cc to be evaluated.

senior transfer guide

students may take freshman and sophomore level transferable academic courses while at hinds. generally, one-half of the hours required for a bachelor’s degree may be transferred from a community college and applied to that degree at a four-year college or university. we maintain a close working relationship with all mississippi senior colleges to insure that all academic courses which are intended to transfer will do so.

hinds cc students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university should be aware of the transfer requirements that may apply in their particular cases. these requirements vary with age, act score, high school preparation, high school gpa, and the individual transfer college.


registration locations

jackson atc
bivins hall 100
p: 601-987-8158
p: 601-987-8148
p: 601-987-8761

Nursing & Allied Health
anderson hall 2
p: 601-376-4802 (academic)
p: 601-376-4803 (Career & Technical)

academic classroom building suite 105
p: 601-936-1879

denton hall, 2nd floor
p: 601-857-3216

WWAU Suite 120 C & WWAU Suite 120 D
p: 601-885-7022 (academic)
p: 601-885-7128 (Career & Technical)

banks building
p: 601-629-6830


jennifer scott-gilmore, ph.d.
Director of Counseling, Advisement, & Testing
director of counseling - raymond campus
p: 601-857-3216